Bachelor’s degree courses at the School of Engineering
The School of Engineering of the University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW) is offering ten top-level engineering programmes - mainly in German:
- Engineering and Management
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Information Technology
- Energy and Environmental Technology
- iCompetence - a degree programme of Computer Science
- Information and Communication Systems (ICS) Trinational
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Trinational
- Systems Technology
For full-time students, a Bachelor’s degree course generally lasts for 6 semesters. A part-time course takes 8 semesters. All courses are held at Brugg-Windisch, with the exception of the Mechatronics programme, during which students attend courses in Muttenz, Lörrach and Mulhouse, and Optometry which is based in Olten.
At the end of their course of study, students are awarded a Bachelor of Science degree.