The Institute of Microelectronics (IME) is the center of excellence of the University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland for microelectronics, embedded systems on chip, communication technologies and signal and image processing. There are currently 20 members of staff at the institute: Professors, research fellows, research assistants, chief technician and secretary.
Our competencies include:
- Specification, development, verification and implementation of microelectronic functions in ASIC and FPGA
- specification, modeling and simulation of microelectronic systems and systems-on-chip (SoC)
- development, modeling and simulation of embedded systems
- analysis, development, modeling and simulation of communication systems
We support industrial enterprises together with partners from industry and academia by doing
- consulting and execution of research and development projects in the domains of microelectronics, communication technology and embedded systems all the way to series-production readiness according to industry criteria.
- teaching of students in the profiles microelectronics and communications technologies in the Bachelor curriculum electrical engineering and information technologies
- education of engineers from industry with workshops and a Master of Advanced Studies
The Institute of Microelectronics (IME) is member of SwissT.net, its section "Research&Education" and several technical sections.