The IME is the center of excellence for Microelectronics at the University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland. It has a fourfold mission statement comprising Research and Development (R&D), Industrial Services, Education and Advanced Training.
The IME is independently operating in the market and supports the objectives of the University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland. It cultivates cooperation with institutes and education courses within the Univeristy of Applied Sciences, as well as other Universities in Switzerland and abroad, with the partners of the MICROSWISS network and other providers and operator companies.
The IME is supporting the Industry with
- execution of demanding R&D projects in special fields together with the customer
- conducting engineering and consulting projects in support of operating- and providing companies
- providing expertise and resources
University of Applied Sciences Northwestern Switzerland
The IME supports the University of Applied Sciences by
- teaching expert knowledge in advanced studies for Microelectronics
- organizing enhanced studies with appropriate intermediate- and final year projects
- offering advanced training and Master of Application studies
- Assuring access to the state-of-the-art technology
- Securing the reputation as a leading University in the field of Microelectronics
The IME is constantly advancing by
- enhancing the knowledge on a high level of technology
- adhering to industry-level quality standards for confidentiality, response time, project workmanship and quality of work
- being an active partner in the international science and technology community for selected areas
- acting as engaged member of swissT.net
The IME places emphasis on high technical and social competence of its staff, a significant degree of individual responsability, colleagueship and discipline, on demanding projects and high quality of workmanship.