Research and Development
Application oriented research
We define "application oriented research" as the accumulation of new knowledge in collaboration with the industry, leading directly or indirectly to innovative products on the market. Key elements for these projects are:
- Innovation as a significant part of the project: New properties of the product, new market, advanced manufacturing and/or technology, including a certain risk of failure.
- Marketability: The industrial project partner and the product must have a chance to succeed in the marketplace.
Research focus and topics
The IME performs research in the following domains
- High-speed low power systems including Mixed-signal systems
- Analog and digital signal processing
- Small Systemes in big architectures
- Communications technologies
We define our "Industry Services" as the application of existing knowledge together with and for the benefit of the industry for new or improved market products. Some of our typical industry services are:
- Consulting and escorting industry partners during one or several project phases, for example specification, critical project stages, or with the analysis of emerging issues
- Design of ASIC, Embedded systems or Communication and signal processing functions without research part
- Training of project members from the industry, ideally during a real project
Application oriented research projects can benefit from public finance contributions. Our primary but not only financing partner is CTI (Commission for Technology and Innovation)
- CTI - Commission for Technology and Innovation
- Euresearch -> FP7 - EU Seventh Framework Programme
- EUREKA - Network for Market Oriented R&D
Our industry services are covered by our customers at the going prices.