In application-oriented research and development, we study and develop new technologies, methods and uses of computer science with our economic and industrial partners.
Thus, we can not only fall back on our experienced employees and various national expertise networks but also on the fundamental research of other institutions. With larger applied R & D projects, we act as an intermediary for cantonal and federal sponsorship, which covers our costs.
Our core competencies lie in the area of mobile and distributed systems and cover the following research areas:
- Improvement of productivity in software development and maintenance
- Development of efficient, parallel and multimedia software
- Planning and sustained operation of distributed ICT infrastructure
In addition, we have competencies in
- The design and development of intuitive user interfaces
- Wireless communication with its dependent localization technology
- Context sensitive software and semantic web technologies that support software development
For first information, please contact our head of research, Prof. Dr. Christoph Stamm.