Institute for Studies in Children and Youth Services
The Institute for Studies in Children and Youth Services focuses on how children and young people live and grow up today, and how children and youth services can assist their education and development. Staff members undertake research and development, render a range of services, provide post-qualifiying education and training opportunities, and bring their expertise to the BA / MA Social Work programmes.
Our core themes are
• Childhood and youth
• Children and youth services
• Youth Justice
• Evaluation of programmes and service delivery
• Developing responsive and appropriate services through cooperative relationships with field partners
Our work is aimed at all children and youth services institutions, organisations and practitioners , especially in the following areas:
• Child protection and guardianship authorities
• Residential care, foster care, family and community based services
• School social work, Afterschool programmes
• Programmes supporting transition from school to vocational training and work
• Youth work
• Counselling services for children, youngsters, and families
We offer a range of state-certified post-qualifiying education and training opportunities such as“ School and Social Work – Systemic School Social Work“ and - in cooperation with the Pädagogische Hochschule FHNW (School of Teacher Education) - „From School to Professional Occupation” (including the profiles “Berufswahllehrer” and “Berufsintegrationscoach”).
Head of Institute
Prof. Dr. Stefan Schnurr
T +41 61 337 27 83
T +41 61 337 27 61
Read more about the Institute for Studies in Children and Youth Services.