2nd Conference on Credit Analysis and Risk Management
2nd International Conference on
CREDIT ANALYSIS and RISK MANAGEMENT
Basel Workshop of Credit Risk
September 5-6, 2013, Basel, Switzerland
The recent global financial crisis has exposed a weakness in credit analysis in the financial system. This conference is intended to expand the knowledge of credit analysis through discussion of both existing and new methods and models of credit analysis, credit risk management and related topics such as relationship lending.
The conference will include experts from both academia and industry talking on the subject: While a portion of the conference will be dedicated for keynote speeches, research papers on credit analysis are being invited for presentation and discussion. Research Papers and abstracts are solicited on the following topics:
- Credit analysis and credit ratings
- Credit portfolio models and limitations
- Credit derivatives and structured finance
- The future of regulation
- Risk analysis and management
- Relationship lending
- Presentations of academic papers
- Speeches from financial practitioners
The registration fee of CHF 350 permits attendance and discussion at all workshops and events for the Thursday-Friday conference (September 5-6, 2013).
No registration fee for academic presenters. Reduced fee (CHF 175) for additional co-authors.
The Gala Dinner (CHF 80) and special acitivities will be charged separately.
Deadline for paper or abstract submission was December 31, 2012. Submissions of both completed papers and extended abstracts (2 - 3 pages) were welcome. Accepted papers will be presented in half hour time slots, with a discussant allocated to each paper and time for discussion with the audience.
The papers presented at the 2011 conference in Rochester, Michigan, were of such high quality that both a special issue of theJournal of Credit Riskwas devoted to it (published in March 2012) and a book summarizing the most important information discussed at the conference was published by Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
The papers selected for presentation at the 2013 conference are invited for submission to Kredit und Kapital, a German peer-reviewed journal that publishes both English and German papers in the context.
Deadline for conference registration is July 31, 2013.
Deadline for paper or abstract submission was December 31, 2012. Authors will be notified by February 1, 2013.
- Martin Brown (University of St. Gallen)
- Hans-Peter Burghof (University of Hohenheim)
- Pascal Gantenbein (University of Basel)
- J. Austin Murphy (Oakland University)
- Daniel Rösch (University of Regensburg)
- Simone Westerfeld (University of Applied Sciences, Basel)
- Dr. Klaus Duellmann (German Central Bank)
- Prof. Dr. Markus Heusler (Risk Solution Network, RSN AG)
- Dr. Michael Loretan (Swiss Financial Markets Supervisory Authority, FINMA)
- Til Schuermann (Oliver Wyman)
- Dr. Michael Taylor (Financial Stability Board)